Thousands of insurance claims are submitted by residential and commercial property owners each year, yet only 1 in 3 lightning claims actually has lightning present on the date of loss.
Independent verification of lightning strikes can assist in the validation and expedient handling of these claims.
- Confirm the presence or absence of lightning
- Cost effective industry-leading data
- U.S. lightning details from over 700 sensors
More value for your money
LightningTrax Reports confirm the presence or absence of lightning strikes at a particular address or lat/lon that falls within the Continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Each report includes the following LightningTrax data clearly documented and available for any date(s) from May 2009 to present. With a 3-day standard search period, LightningTrax Reports eliminate the need to obtain additional reports should your customer supply an incorrect date of loss.
The lightning network used for LightningTrax reports has a detection efficiency that exceeds 95% and an average location accuracy that is 200m or less in much of the Continental U.S.
A claims verification tool
Claims adjusters, forensic engineers, fire investigation (cause & origin) experts, self-insured property owners and attorneys are the most common customer of LightningTrax reports. The largest application is claim verification by the property/casualty insurance industry.
- Address-specific (street address or latitude/longitude) search of Earth Network Total Lightning Network (ENTLN) lightning data
- Establish lightning characteristics like date, time, millisecond, lat, lon, polarity/amperage, and exact distance to queried address
- Search up to 72 hours with a standard LightningTrax Report
- Choose precise 1, 5, 10 or 15 mile search radius
- Color map displays street-level location and detected lightning strokes
- Print-out of lightning stroke data with option for closest/furthest or time sequence search
- Reports process and are available within minutes of each search request
- Email a copy of your LightningTrax Report at no additional cost
- Free option to include ascii output of stroke data (in .csv format)
- Obtain a LightningTrax Report for any 72 hr user-defined search back to May 15, 2009
*Lightning data is available for cloud-to-ground strikes only
Large volume? No problem
LightningExpress service takes claims verification to an entirely new level. Tap into the unlimited freedom to process as many lightning claims as desired, all for a low annual fee. Today’s claims environment demands fast lightning verification and tracking for accurate and efficient claims resolution.
- Validate lightning claims immediately
- Unlimited access to ENTLN
- Includes infinite access to LightningTrax Reports
- Standard Report
- Report includes:
Search of the ENTLN™ data archive for up to 72 consecutive hours, centered on a specific location.
Provided immediately online and as a .PDF and will include: color map, summary report, and a stroke data table
- Additional Time Search
- For search periods greater than 72 hours, an additional fee of $25 for each 24hr increment applies. Please contact us, for time searches greater than 72 hours.